- 1 What do I need to bleach my black hair?
- 2 What do I need to bleach and tone my hair?
- 3 How do you bleach dark hair without damaging it?
- 4 What type of bleach is good for dark hair?
- 5 Do I bleach again or Tone?
- 6 Can you lighten hair without bleach?
- 7 Does bleaching hair damage it forever?
- 8 How can I lighten my dark brown hair without bleach?
- 9 Does coconut oil protect hair from bleach?
- 10 How often can I bleach my hair without damaging it?
- 11 How do you lighten dark hair with bleach?
- 12 What volume bleach should I use for dark brown hair?
- 13 How can I lighten my dark brown hair naturally?
What do I need to bleach my black hair?
The things you will need to bleach your hair are:
- Sectioning clips.
- Hair bleach.
- 30 volume developer.
- Tinting/mixing brush.
- Mixing bowl.
- Old T-shirt/towel.
- Aluminum foil.
What do I need to bleach and tone my hair?
- Powder bleach (I usually use L’Oreal bleach)
- 20 or 30 volume developer (I recommend keeping both on hand; 20 for toning, 30 for bleaching.
- Plastic bowl, plastic measuring spoons, and plastic mixing tool of some sort.
- Brush (optional; it’s particularly good for doing roots).
- Toner (I use Wella #T18)
How do you bleach dark hair without damaging it?
Mix 1 part bleach powder and 2 parts developer/peroxide. Apply a dab of the bleach on your skin and coat a strand of your hair. Let the bleach sit for 30 minutes, then rinse it off and check your results. See if the shade of your strand is your desired shade.
What type of bleach is good for dark hair?
Discover more about our best bleaches for dark hair at Salons Direct…
- Schwarzkopf BLONDME Bond Enforcing Premium Lightener 9+
- Lotus Low Dust Blue Bleach.
- Wella Blondor Multi Blonde Powder.
- Goldwell Oxycur Platin Dust Free Blue Bleach.
- L’Oreal Blond Studio Freehand Powder.
- Pulp Riot #BLONDEAF Powder Lightener.
Do I bleach again or Tone?
If your hair looks yellow or brassy, it is probably in need of a toner. Orange hair should be bleached a little more but if it is a yellow or brassy color, move on to a toner. Do not skip the toner and bleach your hair again, as this won’t really work.
Can you lighten hair without bleach?
Is it possible to lighten hair without bleaching? Lightening hair without resorting to bleaching is possible with super-lightening color treatment: easier and quicker, it makes it possible to become 3 to 5 tones lighter in a single step.
Does bleaching hair damage it forever?
Bleach damage is as cumulative as it is permanent, and your ends will be less equipped to survive it every time. Avoid excess brushing and harsh shampoos.
How can I lighten my dark brown hair without bleach?
The best natural hair lighteners to try now
- Lemon juice. Chances are you have a lemon or two sitting in your fridge right now.
- Honey. Honey can also make a stellar hair lightening ingredient, but it takes a bit more time and effort than lemon juice.
- Apple cider vinegar.
- Baking soda.
- Henna powder.
Does coconut oil protect hair from bleach?
Coconut oil’s properties make it particularly beneficial before you bleach your hair by limiting protein loss, mitigating hair loss, enhancing color treatments, and protecting your skin from bleach (e.g., dry skin and chemical burns).
How often can I bleach my hair without damaging it?
You shouldn’t bleach your hair more than once every 8 to 10 weeks because hair bleaching can lead to chemically damaged hair. It’s important to understand that hair bleaching is a very harsh process for your hair to endure.
How do you lighten dark hair with bleach?
Wait for the bleach to work – Place a plastic bag over your hair and wait for around 40-60 minutes, while checking the colour once every 10 minutes. When bleaching black hair, you’ll see your hair transition from its natural dark colour to orange, before finally turning light yellow.
What volume bleach should I use for dark brown hair?
For dark brown to black, you need 30 or 40 volume depending on hair texture (30 for fine hair and 40 for coarser types), which gives maximal lift. Never go beyond 40 volume—it will burn your scalp and destroy your hair. When bleaching close to the root, 20 or 30 volume may suffice.
How can I lighten my dark brown hair naturally?
Read up on how to naturally lighten hair using items you might already have lying around the house!
- Mix Up Your Lemon Juice with Conditioner.
- Apply Vitamin C to Your Hair.
- Use a Saltwater Solution.
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Combine Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide to Make a Paste.
- Apply a Cinnamon and Honey Mask.